Thursday 19 January 2012

Solar Panels and Feed in Tariff. 12 months on

Following my foray into the world of Solar Generation a year ago I have calculated that over the 12 months since commissioning the electricity generated produced FIT payments worth £1522 This is plus an estimated reduction in my electricity bills over the same period of some £120.
I reckon that equates to a return on investment of 10.95 percent tax free. In these times of poor interest rates that is quite amazing.

The installation was carried out by Alexander Electrical of Goole and I registered my FIT generation with EDF. The registration administration was tedious but the payments started from the day of commissioning and every quarter I get an email asking for the current reading on the total generation meter.

I noticed a letter in the Goole Times today (19th Jan 2012) from someone who had had problems with an out of area installation company. This makes me glad that I chose to support a local business.

No comments:

Post a Comment